As weather conditions continue to quickly change, we remind you to stay safe!
Here is a list of quick weather links.
South Dakota Road Conditions: http://www.safetravelusa.com/sd/
North Dakota Road Conditions: http://www.safetravelusa.com/nddot/
South Dakota Weather: http://www.keloland.com/weather/
North Dakota Weather: http://www.kfyrtv.com/weather
Sports Cancellations and Postponements: http://www.aberdeennews.com/weather/closings/
If you must travel, the SD Dept of Transportation and Public Safety recommend travelers also take the following steps.
- Wear your seatbelt.
- Travel during the day.
- Drive with your headlights on (not daytime running lights) so you can be seen by other motorists from the front and rear.
- Use highly traveled roads and highways.
- Keep family and friends informed of your travel schedule and route.
- Call 511 or visit safetravelusa.com for road conditions.
- Keep a winter weather survival kit in your car. The kit should include blankets, warm clothing, water, energy bars, a flashlight, a distress flag, a shovel and matches.
- Travel with a charged cell phone, but don’t rely on it to get you out of a bad situation.
- Change travel plans as weather conditions warrant.