04/01/2013 Bunny Cupcakes
To decorate the bunny cupcakes you will need:
- White icing (whole top of the cupcake)
- Brown icing (for eyes, whiskers and mouth) or you can purchase edible eyes
- Heart shaped candy (for nose) or pink icing
- Decorator tip # 16 and tip # 2
- Pastry bag and coupler to use with the decorator tips
- Styrofoam plate and pink marker (for ears)
Bake and cool any flavor of cupcakes.
Cover the top of the cupcake with the white icing using the decorator tip # 16 (star tip). Add the heart candy or pink icing for nose. Once the nose is in place, add the whiskers, mouth and dots for eyes using the brown icing and decorator tip # 2.
Cut 2 slits in the top of the cupcake with a knife where you want to insert the ears and add them to the cupcake.
To make the ears:
Trace the bunny ear pattern onto a Styrofoam plate. Cut ears with a scissors or an Exacto knife. Color the centers of the ears with the pink marker.
To make brown icing:
Add a little bit of cocoa powder to the white icing and add a little more warm water. Stir until smooth and creamy. Brown food coloring can also be used.